Remote Desktop Support Technician
Computer Help Desk and Remote Support Technician: Provide end users at our clients with over-the-phone and remote support of their IT needs. This includes helping users with printing problems, user/password issues, application installation, virus and spyware removal, etc.
You will work from our offices located on the north side of Houston and will spend about 90% of your time working on our clients systems remotely from that office. On occasion you may be required to go on-site and help with installations or troubleshooting of network or desktop issues.
Knowledge and Skills that would be helpful in this role
- Proficient in all aspects of PC usage
- Understand how to install, use, and configure Microsoft Windows XP (all versions), Windows 7 (All versions)
- Know how to use all Microsoft Office applications, OUTLOOK, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, …
- Understand TCP/IP, how to configure network interfaces on a PC
- You should be able to deal with stressful situations – in particular customers who are frustrated and upset with their computers
- Should basic understanding of network firewalls, how to access, how to configure (most common Watchguard, NetGear, Dlink, Cyberoam)
- Need to be comfortable supporting a computer remotely and using remote access tools to solve problems
8am – 5pm M-F
You will need good reliable transportation and will be required to have acceptable auto insurance
To apply, send your resume and/or contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org